Friday, March 12, 2010

Pretty in Pink



Little Miss. Paige Eileen Manson is sound asleep wearing the pink batiste daygown I made. It's one of my favorite patterns, Babette by Sarah Howard Stone. Such a classic and best of all . . . easy to put together! All you need is pretty fabric, lace and buttons.

Speaking of pretty fabric, lace and buttons . . . surf over to my friend Martha's blog, Southern Matriarch http://southernmatriarch.blogspot.com/ She has so generously put together a fabulous giveaway!

I am planning on doing a tutorial on one of my patterns. Are there any suggestions? The Annie, Carter, Izzy, Claire or Maggie? I found a beautiful blue floral Liberty of London print that is calling for me to make a pretty dress! Cast your votes ladies!

7 comments:

  1. That child is breath taking. That gown on the child is exquisite. Love it. As far as a tutorial, Annie, PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how precious is that sweet baby in her gorgeous gown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This precious little baby is my granddaughter!
    I think she looks adorable in the day gown my daughter, Cynthia, made for her. They sure don't stay this little for long, so I had to take a picture to make it last longer!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful baby girl in a precious gown!! At first glance, I thought it was a doll! She is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndi,
    I am an avid smocker and love the design of Annie. I followed the pattern instructions explicitly but can't seem to get past the point of sewing the front yoke on the front skirt. It is sewn on, but I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to mark the armholes in the front and back skirt. I would appreciate your help.
    Susan Snow
    512-966-0247

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another note from Susan Snow: I just figured out how to successfully sew the front skirt onto the yoke with the armhole curves! SCORE! Now, I need to know how you smocked it across the front with the curve. Any suggestions on that? And yes, it is 2:45 a.m. I am fighting off an allergic reaction to who knows what and between the itching and the steroids that I am taking, sleep is at a minimum. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. susan snow 512-966-0247/susanjsnow@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That baby is an absolute angel! The gown is precious!!!! I just found your blog and now I am a follower - please stop by and visit me too at http://sewnso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete